How much does a Massage Chair Cost?
BedroomStyling is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn and affiliate comission. Learn more.
How much does a Massage Chair Cost?
Nowadays, the level of mental, emotional and physical stress is more than the earlier days. Not only has it kept us away from the bounties of personal life but also from our families, friends, and loved ones. We hardly find time to watch our favorite shows and movies and even for eating healthy food. After a hectic day at work, the only thing we are thinking about is our bed to hop over and take a nap. However, your regular mattress or bed can’t comfort the soreness of the muscles and painful joints. Of course, you can’t drive to a massage spa daily or pay the costly fees of hiring a personal massage therapist. This is why more and more people are turning to some of the best massage chairs with Human Touch features that help to soothe the aches, pain, and stress.
Although massage chairs have a slightly high price, it is a one time cost for the upcoming five years. Still, the prices differ widely ranging from a few hundred bucks to thousands of dollars. You can easily find a good massage chair with great therapeutic features in the range of $1500-$2000. However, some very basic massage chairs cost only $250 and some high-end models for as much as $4000 to $8000.
Comparison of Cost and Features
The fact here being, you get what you pay for. But it’s not the very case with massage chairs. You can go with your budget but choosing a suitable chair is also important. So, here are different prices of massage chairs along with the features you’ll get along.
1: Under $500
- These are simple hand-held massage chairs with user-friendly controls.
- They only massage the back and rarely any other area of the body.
- It doesn’t offer heat massage therapy.
- It has few vibration motors with a single massage intensity that is usually light. Perfect for use while driving or watching TV.
2: Close to $2500
- High-tech and advanced chairs with full body massage features including neck, shoulders, thighs, arms, and legs.
- Only a few offer a heater therapy but rarely found in some models.
- Have an exclusive zero gravity position with Human Touch features.
- It comes with multiple motors, rollers, airbags, and a control panel.
- It offers Swedish, Shiatsu, and other massage therapies as well.
- It comes with pre-set massage functions.
3: Over $5000
- Fully automated and computer-controlled massage programs that give you a whole new experience.
- Memory is setting, a high number of motors, rollers, airbags, and different movements.
- Full body massage that covers all the areas.
- It comes with zero-gravity recline features.
- Heat therapy included.
- 1000+ pre-set massage combinations.
- Body scanner.
- MP3 players, cup holders and a few models have a small desk.
- Warranty time 5+ years.
Which one to Choose?
Obviously, the price factor unlocks different features, but sometimes low priced chairs can prove to be a piece of trash. You should always go for quality if you have to spend a few hundred bucks extra. Massage chairs are usually considered as a long-term investment as most of the models have a warranty of 3+ Years. So, investing a bit more today would benefit you in the long run.
If you are thinking about a high-end massage chair, the best recommendation here would be Inada Sogno Dreamwave Massage Chair which comes at $8000+ but is one of the best massage recliners of all times. I hope the comparison between prices and the features would have cleared a lot of confusion.